Historic City of Ayutthaya, UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thailand by ollygringo on Flickr.
Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, located within the old Royal Palace grounds, is believed to have been the most important temple of the ancient Siamese capital city of Ayutthaya.
The three giant Chedi were constructed between 1492 and 1533 as burial monuments to store the ashes of the Kings Borom Trailokanat, Boromracha III and Ramathibodi II.
Ayutthaya was sacked by invading Burmese forces in April 1767. The Phra Sri Sanphet monastery was burned to the ground and all but the chedis were completely destroyed.
***This photo is on sale via Getty Images***